Wish Id Had A Video Camera

went out today to check my new squirrel permission for airgunning. iv set three non permanent feeding stations up( just pnut butter)
just to find out where they prefer to go then get a proper one erected. took my girlfriends dog with me a yorkie x with a laparapsu, been a lapdog for 6 years never known more than a little walk round local field till i moved in 6 month ago,,

anyway got to the first feeder two squirrels on it one took straight off other thought he was hidden behind a branch but i smashed it with my trusty cattie and hit it in the leg (obv i try to get proper kills, usually do, but it cant always happen) anyway dog knew it was hurt and went mental propper tree'd it (last few month shes took a massive dislike to them). i took another shot, close miss, it fell on the floor and just before it got to the next tree out of nowhere dog comes and bites it, shes not trained for hunting so only knew to bite not rag it anyway it hid slightly under a log then i got dog off and finished it.
iv been out with her non stop since i moved in and shes a right little goer now (wouldnt have known it before, she was soft as a brush) id love to take her ratting. cos shes 6 and never known anything like it, she snot fully clued up, but its in there somewhere.
am sure most of you have seen dogs do some amazing work but i was well proud of her today. wish id filmed it. proper good fast action hunting action( i hope i havent broken any coarsing laws ha, its not like i told her to do it lol)
also knocked a collared dove on the way home. good day out.
also plenty of squirrels for a day with the airgun.

also like most ppl i use 9.5 steel but i saw 9mm for half price of 9.5. (didnt use it on squirrel) but it sure dropped the dove like a stone, i think i might be switching to 9mm for all pigeon types from now) mammals ill stick to 9.5mm

wish id thought to take a pic of the dog with quarry but oh well.

• Like 1