gate nets and lurchers

can anybody tell me how to train a lurcher to push the hares back to the net the dog i plan to use greyhound border first cross :

hares go for gates mate nine out of ten, dont need training just make sure

he aint fast enougth to catch it in field,

don,t mean to sound sad but when the door bell rings i expect the dog to bark i asked how to train the dog if you have ten fields of 50 acres each why leave the dog to mind the net while i do dog work :wallbash:
:hmm::hmm: leave dog and nets in the car and use that new rifle yiu got :gunsmilie:
A fifty acre field with no other escape routes but a gate what the hare is gona head for. Good luck :laugh:

i take it by your answer you dodged the question and don,t no how to train the lurcher 2 birds with one stone i said the dog is first cross i don,t think its ever

going to be a hare catching dog :icon_eek:

Yes fastdog your right I would have no idea how to train a dog to do such a riciculous task as run hares out of a 50 acre field into a gate what probably would not be there. Do you realise just how big a 50 acre field is?

i suppose everybody has there way off hunting ...but why not get a dog that can catch them :D ......iam a bit byest i suppose but netting hares :no: ....cant be much satisfaction in that ................are they a problem these hares ......

no mate i just good eating hares plus i have a keeper wanting some live

well i suppose if your dog cant catch them ....and you want some for the table ..then thats proberly the best way to catch them ..better than shooting them .....what part of the country do you live in to have such vast land with gates ....??????or another choice woulb be to invite sombody with a dog that can catch them ...... :D

Yes fastdog your right I would have no idea how to train a dog to do such a riciculous task as run hares out of a 50 acre field into a gate what probably would not be there. Do you realise just how big a 50 acre field is?

i used 50 acre of the top of my as an exsample that i would not wont to the leg work and yes i do know how big 50 acre field is unlike your no how on training

so dont try to be a smart ass i was only in my mind asking a simple question :boxing::gunsmilie:

well i suppose if your dog cant catch them ....and you want some for the table ..then thats proberly the best way to catch them ..better than shooting them .....what part of the country do you live in to have such vast land with gates ....??????or another choice woulb be to invite sombody with a dog that can catch them ...... :D

far north if your dog can do it come on up if you have good reference ie from cw :drink: :drink:

far north if your dog can do it come on up if you have good reference ie from cw :drink: :drink: