I've got a lux stock that I was going to butcher for a couple of knife handle scales if your interested.

Why do you need to bed a rimfire though?

You shouldn't need to really.

It's WMR mate and my stocks inletting is poor.

How much would you want and what is its condition please?

Mine is the American model. Which model did yours come off please?

U.

The action screw locations on 452 models are not all the same. On .22LR's, with which I am most familiar, the American has an action screw in front of the magazine and at the rear tang. On the Varmint and Lux models the action screws are in front of the mag well and to a barrel lug. Something else to keep in mind is that 22WMR mag wells are larger than on .22LR. The biggest shortcoming in .22WMR accuracy in general, of course, is the ammo, of which there is none of match quality; there is a great deal of variation in quality from brand to brand and lot to lot.

For bedding information, there's a great deal of discussion on the CZ forum on the American web site Rimfire Central.

Mines a wmr lux but it's only got a single mounting screw.

The barrel lug is there but it is not threaded so really just acts like a bedding block of sorts in the recess in the stock.

It hasn't affected accuracy at all, 150 to 170 yard bunnies with 30gn vmax or 33gn rem accutip are its bread and butter (although at 20 quid a box I steer clear of the remington rounds given the choice.)

With 30gn jhp or 25gn ntx is it every bit as accurate as my old hmr was out to 125 and beyond. I'm more of a limitation to its accuracy than ammo or inlet.

For me the issue with the lux stock is at either end. The fore is whippy and thin, the rear has a godawful hogs back and puts your head nowhere near the scope for good cheek weld which is why I got inventive and made a kydex cheek riser and fore end sleeve - both of which made it a much nicer stock to use, despite the looks!

If it's just to practice a bedding job I'd be happy to send it over minus the kydex pieces for the cost of postage plus a bit to cover the timber (as I said, it was just going to become knife handle material) or I could cut it off at the back of the receiver for you and send it just for cost of postage.

Pm me if you want it.

Cheers

Edited by Jax13

The action screw locations on 452 models are not all the same. On .22LR's, with which I am most familiar, the American has an action screw in front of the magazine and at the rear tang. On the Varmint and Lux models the action screws are in front of the mag well and to a barrel lug. Something else to keep in mind is that 22WMR mag wells are larger than on .22LR. The biggest shortcoming in .22WMR accuracy in general, of course, is the ammo, of which there is none of match quality; there is a great deal of variation in quality from brand to brand and lot to lot.

For bedding information, there's a great deal of discussion on the CZ forum on the American web site Rimfire Central.

Thanks dude, I have been playing with Bruno and CZ rifles for 30 years and appreciate the you mentioning the stock screw differences.

The bedding is sorted now thanks too.

Ammo wise this WMR is easily capable of minute of varmint to beyond 100yds with most brands and some WMR rifles I have owned and handled over the years have gone sub MOA.

One in particular was a Mauser and Winchester SPHP printing clover leaf groups at 100 yds.

I have said this many times, to often WMR is treated as a just another rimfire with regards to how the action and barrel is fitted to a stock! Way more vibration is created over an LR. This has to be dealt with before jumping on the let's blame the ammo band wagon!

U.