Rspca Sspca

Just read this post on the pinned thread and it implies the sspca has more rights than the rspca can anyone clarify for me. I don't understand as they are both charities.

The SSPCA do have statutory rights, they are not the same as RSPCA.

Hence if they are at your door and you have been naughty...you are f****d.

rspca HAVE NO MORE RIGHTS THAN THE OLD FELLA WALKING DOWN THE ROAD tnere just a bunch of shisters in fancy dress

Thanks for the reply topper I understand about the rspca but it's the post about the sspca that's got me confused as I'm in Scotland I'd like to know my rights with these basterds if they came knocking I've copied and pasted it below......

STRANGER

18 Sep 2013

The SSPCA do have statutory rights, they are not the same as RSPCA.

Hence if they are at your door and you have been naughty...you are f****d.

Googled this so without a warrant they can't enter someone's house.

The Scottish Ministers currently use these provisions to authorise SSPCA staff as animal welfare inspectors so that, on completion of the relevant training, they can do the following:

Without a warrant:

enter non-domestic premises, for the purpose of taking possession of a suffering animal or destroying an animal, if the inspector believes immediate entry is appropriate in the interests of the animal;

enter non-domestic premises, to search for and seize any evidence (including animals) as evidence in relation to a relevant offence, if they believe that any delay caused by seeking a warrant would frustrate the purpose of that search; enter and inspect any non-domestic premises, for the purpose of ascertaining whether or not an offence under Part 2 of the 2006 Act has been committed.

With a warrant:

enter any premises, for the purpose of taking possession of a suffering animal or destroying an animal (where appropriate),

enter any premises, to search for and seize any animal or other thing as evidence in relation to a relevant offence under Part 2 of the 2006 Act.

A relevant offence is one that relates to unnecessary suffering, mutilation, cruel operations, administration of poisons, animal fights, ensuring the welfare of animals that you are responsible for, abandonment and breaching a disqualification order.

Part 2 offences include all relevant offences and those relating to breaches of care notices or regulations (made in relation to the welfare, activities involving certain animals or the keeping of certain animals), sale of animals to children and the offering of animals as prizes.

This means that SSPCA inspectors can use their powers of entry to any land or premises, including domestic premises with a warrant, only in a limited set of circumstances. They can gain entry to ascertain if a Part 2 offence has been committed, to take possession of animals if it is in the interest of the animal and to seize evidence of relevant offences.

3.3 Other classes of people

Police constables and SSPCA staff are not the only groups of people with powers of entry that are associated with the enforcement of wildlife law.

The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 allows Scottish Ministers to appoint Wildlife Inspectors. In addition Scottish Government Rural Payment and Inspections Division (RPID) staff are authorised by Scottish Minsters