A great fast recipie

Quantaties etc are up to personal pref, I allow one breast per person, 2 if we are hungry!

You can do this with most game but I prefer it with pigeon.

Take a whole bird, in the feather and carefully cut away the breasts, then skin and rinse them (TIP; bag up the rest of the bird, feathers guts the lot and freeze it, pop it in the bin on bin emptying day, then no rotting or smells)

Finly chop one med onion (1/2 onion per breast) and pan fry till soft in sml amount of salted butter.

Add the meat, on a med heat, for about 2-3 min each side.

Chop some wild mushroom (or a decent chitake or similar) alowing one cup per breast - not too finly choped, decent sizes.

Add to the pan for another two min.

At this point add 1/2 glass of a decent fruity but dry white wine - mix it all well, then add up to another 2 glasses

Let this simmer for a few minutes before adding about a cup of single cream, stiring nicely.

After about another two min it should be ready to serve, and the breast meat nice and tender :D

I serve it with mashed potato made with grated mature chedar and English mustard, and the mushroom ad cream sauce spooned over the top.

Quantaties etc are up to personal pref, I allow one breast per person, 2 if we are hungry!

You can do this with most game but I prefer it with pigeon.

Take a whole bird, in the feather and carefully cut away the breasts, then skin and rinse them (TIP; bag up the rest of the bird, feathers guts the lot and freeze it, pop it in the bin on bin emptying day, then no rotting or smells)

Finly chop one med onion (1/2 onion per breast) and pan fry till soft in sml amount of salted butter.

Add the meat, on a med heat, for about 2-3 min each side.

Chop some wild mushroom (or a decent chitake or similar) alowing one cup per breast - not too finly choped, decent sizes.

Add to the pan for another two min.

At this point add 1/2 glass of a decent fruity but dry white wine - mix it all well, then add up to another 2 glasses

Let this simmer for a few minutes before adding about a cup of single cream, stiring nicely.

After about another two min it should be ready to serve, and the breast meat nice and tender :D

I serve it with mashed potato made with grated mature chedar and English mustard, and the mushroom ad cream sauce spooned over the top.

Saw this last week and gave it a try. Loved it...............with an ice cold cider :drink:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
(TIP; bag up the rest of the bird, feathers guts the lot and freeze it, pop it in the bin on bin emptying day, then no rotting or smells)

LB; I meant to say, first time I read this: That's probably one of the best damn tips I ever picked up in a forum! Thankyou!

Just to quantifie that; I deal with a Lot of flesh, bone and Blood here. My Dogs eat most of it. But it's things like the cloths I wipe up the residue with. Sling a bloody rag / bag into ye Bin Bag and just see what happens when ye have a small pack of Dogs about the place.

On top of that, I don't 'empty my bins' weekly, even monthly. In fact, I have to cart them, in a wheel barrow, a mile uphill! Work out just how many lay behind the hedge while I try to work up the energy to shove them up to to the road - assuming I have the time And remember the right day of the fortnight. I don't even know what f*cking Day it is, most of the time here!

So, there's my answer to rinsing blood soaked bags and rags under the tap, slinging them into a bin bag and Hoping the Dogs don't scent a missed trace of blood. I'll just pop the buggers into the freezer and shove a very light bag full at the appointed hour. Then keep my Dogs in for that afternoon. Rather than stressing out over keeping them Out of the bin bag collection for months on end!

Sweet!