So Question For You Guys That Use Spaniel X

kyboy44

So I was wondering for you guys that use spaniel x I have heard of a few times pure blood spaniel or x of them have been used to flush game like rabbits and fox to the gun I was wondering if anyone has seen them flush game were you could get a shot also besides rabbits and Fox's have you taken any other game with them

So I was wondering for you guys that use spaniel x I have heard of a few times pure blood spaniel or x of them have been used to flush game like rabbits and fox to the gun I was wondering if anyone has seen them flush game were you could get a shot also besides rabbits and Fox's have you taken any other game with them

My spaniel X will flushes rabbit, hare, fox, pheasant, wood pigeon regularly. I think most bushing dogs would given the chance. And would provide good opportunity for a rough shooter.

• Like 1

Well I was wondering because I have seen a few guys that use spaniel x with beagles we do more fur hunting than bird's plus over here I have heard of people near our area using pure blood beagles for fox and coyote hunting but I was thinking the problem with the pure blood beagles like any hound is they will work a track until they find it puls I was thinking a flushing dog works closer to a Hunter just wondering gaz_1989 when your dog is working a rabbit or a fox does it open up before it flushes does it run it before you can get a shot or does it work closely enough that you can get a shot soon as it finds one do you hunt with just one or more what kind of land do you hunt

• Like 1

Well I was wondering because I have seen a few guys that use spaniel x with beagles we do more fur hunting than bird's plus over here I have heard of people near our area using pure blood beagles for fox and coyote hunting but I was thinking the problem with the pure blood beagles like any hound is they will work a track until they find it puls I was thinking a flushing dog works closer to a Hunter just wondering gaz_1989 when your dog is working a rabbit or a fox does it open up before it flushes does it run it before you can get a shot or does it work closely enough that you can get a shot soon as it finds one do you hunt with just one or more what kind of land do you hunt

Replied on other thread mate.

The thing is you can't just buy a dog and expect it to work how it's supposed to you have to to put the time in and train it for what you want. Spaniels are bred to work close but you still have to try and train it to work the way you want it. The right breed is important obviously but most of it is down to training in my opinion.

• Like 1