Remote Drop Net

mad4it

hi I made up one a few years ago using a car central locking system connected to a small 12v battery.I mounted a solenoid on every 4th pole so that each one pulled out 3 pins that way there was not to much pressure required. then dropped the net using the remote that came with the system

I know this is a bit hard to follow so if I can find any photos I will put them on but it was a few years ago.system worked well where there was no cover & could be dropped from a distance

• Like 2

Mad4it

I wouldnt hassle myself with all that motor nonsense....Run the net out on the drop, take the bottom grommet or lamb ring off, bunch up the net and hold it with a clothes peg....Then when it has been out a few days to let the rabbits get used to it, slip from behind and walk along steady and slowly, and take off each peg and then you cant bant it in....It worked well for me on a very awkward place that was too well light to drop normally.

DSC_0015_zpsljozrdmi.jpg

• Like 2

Hard to see here - But I run out 2 x 100yrd nets....The area to the front of the net was light up with those orange street lights, so coming in to drop the net was out of the question.

It did take a week or so for the rabbits to be confident enough to come under the net, but they did, they did and the net worked well...

DSC_0012_zps411d2a54.jpg

I took these in two nights using it, three drops each night

• Like 3

hi there just a newbie to this site but i was wondering if i could get some advise.i'm from victoria australia and i have permission on a few golf courses the only problem being is that along each fairway i have heavy blackberry growth,i can't ferret it nor can i shoot it at night evan with my fx wildcat so if i was to put out long nets how long does it take for the rabbits to get used to going around or under the open sections?