Weihrauch HW100K

Anyone own one of these? I' m thinking about upgrading from my S410. My local gunshop has offered me £400 part ex. for my several years old and slightly tatty S410 with a Hawke 6.5 - 20 on against the new Wiehrauch at £625, which I could put my Simmons 1.5- 5 Whitetail Classic on, which is the only scope I use anyway. The S410 is an excellent gun, but I would like a rifle with a safety. Would I need a different connector on my stirrup pump? Any advice much appreciated. :thumbs:

Never shot one but hear very good things about them.

£400 doesn't seem too bad for an old tatty 410, but you may get a little more sold privately, hard to say without seeing it, though he won't be offering £400 out of the goodness of his heart :laugh:

For the sake of a safety (I didn't even know they didn't have one) I would not bother.

The HW100 is a fine gun but it weighs a ton, you may like that but I don't, build is typically german overengineered, yes you can chuck it about but who does anyway and I don't see it performing any better than your 410.

Unless there is more to this story I would stick with what you have.

With regard to the pump...bin it and spend the money you would have spent on the gun buying a bottle. No idea if the connections are the same but you should get an adaptor with the gun anyway!

Edited by Deker

Its daft, but various military folk did such a good job of instilling safety drill when I was a youngster, competition shooting and in the army cadets, that fifteen plus years later, it' s still really unsettling to not have a safety. Not very logical I know, just the way it is.

I know what you mean about stirrup pumps Deker, but round here, even at the beginning of the season and out of the 4x4, I' m doing well to get twenty shots in a night, so its not too bad to keep the 410 topped up.

There's one on the BBS for a fair price

edit for link

Thanks for that Spike. I bought the HW100K from my local shop in the end. Just finished fixing the sling studs to the fine walnut stock :cry: thankfully didn' t damage it in the process. It can' t outperform my old S410 because I reckon that was good as 100% on accuracy, but the HW100 feels user friendly and I like the side lever cocking, which is very light and surprisingly quiet. Just need some calm weather so I can zero the scope and get out and use it. The Weihrauch looks and feels better put together than the AA did, which I think I sold at the right time. Is there an idiot' s guide to posting photos on THL? - using photobucket didn' t work.

There's one on the BBS for a fair price

edit for link

Thanks for that Spike. I bought the HW100K from my local shop in the end. Just finished fixing the sling studs to the fine walnut stock :cry: thankfully didn' t damage it in the process. It can' t outperform my old S410 because I reckon that was good as 100% on accuracy, but the HW100 feels user friendly and I like the side lever cocking, which is very light and surprisingly quiet. Just need some calm weather so I can zero the scope and get out and use it. The Weihrauch looks and feels better put together than the AA did, which I think I sold at the right time. Is there an idiot' s guide to posting photos on THL? - using photobucket didn' t work.

I have one and i think its superb the magazine system has to be the best one out there, mine is pellet on pellet the weight is a bit high but i dont find that a problem. You also can only cock it once therfore it is not possibe to put 2 pellets in through it at the same time

people have said that they have had power issues i.e it going over the 12ftlb but i have not had any trouble

The cocking is so smooth compered to alot of other rifles out ther in the same price range.