bitch is pissing blood

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Sorry, mate. Wordage is so tricky here. So she's urinating blood? I'm not picking ye up on ye language. It's just that " Pissing " also implies " Gushing ", if ye see what I mean?

And this blood; Bright red or dark? And it is in the piss or is she just passing it like a vaginal discharge?

Having said all that; I wouldn't like to make any guesses. There's better qualified people here for that. But the above information should help them figure what they think.

Sounds like she's either coming into season or else has managed to tear something though. But, like I say .....

She could have bruised her kidneys in the fall, or if she was unfit the running could have made her a bit acidotic: dogs pee what looks like blood if they are over run or run hard unfit: it is the break down of muscle tissue that shows as port/wine coloured pee.

Does she seem OK in herself? Is she drinking and eating normally? Is she tender over the back muscles? Specifically over the loins: the big muscles back of the ribs.

She could have bruised her kidneys in the fall, or if she was unfit the running could have made her a bit acidotic: dogs pee what looks like blood if they are over run or run hard unfit: it is the break down of muscle tissue that shows as port/wine coloured pee.

Does she seem OK in herself? Is she drinking and eating normally? Is she tender over the back muscles? Specifically over the loins: the big muscles back of the ribs.

the bang was under her arm it was a big swollen fluidly lump but basically gone and now this pissing stuff has started

Ive had dogs pee blood when theyve had hard courses and being run every day of the week but always they would start like this on the land or soon as they got back and this normally clears up in 24 hours.

They also lose pressure i give em pearl barley cooked in their food when theyve been peeing blood helps flush the kidneys through.

If its not stopped in 48 hours or looks like its getting worse dont mess get to the vets.

usually when a dog pisses blood its a sign of a infection,so the best thing you can do is get her to a vet

Sorry, have to disagree there: as it could also be what I've already put, or even bladder stones, but I agree the vet is the answer. :thumbs:

Is she straining to pee/peeing all the time? If so it'll be cystitis - get her to the vets, she needs some ABs mate.

If not she may have over done it when running. This can cause Exertional Rhabdomyolisis.

The signs to watch out for are: the dog cramps badly, dehydrates, loses weight and the backline muscles remain swollen and sore, and start to melt away after 12-18 hours and the dog passes dark red urine. If this is the problem you must get your bitch to the vet for iv fluids and electrolyte therapy before she deteriorates.

I'm sorry to sound so scaremongering but I've seen good dogs die from this.

Good luck