Best Gun Dog?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ha i have just emailed the bloke on ebay and he has got back to me saying that the base is actually 3 metres but with the over hang of the roof it is about 10ft, so i can fit the 10ft one on my base yippie. So are they good quality kennels then dogga? did you have them come and erect it for you?

Matt

Just take your time and have fun with the pup. As Dogga says, bond with it and keep that bond. I found that harsh tones and being very strict doesn't work with the cocker I have, especially when she was only 4 months old. She's 6 months now and can take a rebuke, but she had to grow up a bit first.

Go easy and get wised up on training, the Ed Martin dvd's will give you a road plan to take. Just take it one thing at a time, don't throw the pup into a field and start shooting over it.

You'll have a hard time sometimes, but it's very satisifying to see the pup doing as bid.

Springers aren't as manic as cockers, and in my short experience are a bit easier to train.

For your work, beating and picking up, you'll want a dog that you are able to control and will remain steady. Nobody cares for a dog that riots at the least excuse and runs in all the time.

Whatever dog you choose, take the time to teach it basics first, as I said before, my cocker is 6 months and basics is all she's being given, with a few retrieves now and then for fun.

When you're beating and picking up you are with others and working for others, you won't want your dog making a show of you.

i find that odvisiously all varies.

springers are my first chose. however, you get two types of springers in my mind.

you get the barrel like ones that are good and are less nutty.

you then also get the more whippet type ones which are great brushing dogs but take quite abit of training.

the picture below is of the neat type.

i have just bred from this dog and the bitch(my dog) is similiar and is a great dog. however, toke quite a bit of training.

i've already sold 3 to a neighbouring keeper. we still have some left if you are looking for one.

where are you based.

post-12141-1197379724_thumb.jpg

i find that odvisiously all varies.

springers are my first chose. however, you get two types of springers in my mind.

you get the barrel like ones that are good and are less nutty.

you then also get the more whippet type ones which are great brushing dogs but take quite abit of training.

the picture below is of the neat type.

i have just bred from this dog and the bitch(my dog) is similiar and is a great dog. however, toke quite a bit of training.

i've already sold 3 to a neighbouring keeper. we still have some left if you are looking for one.

where are you based.

im based in cheshire mate, thanks for the offer but i have yet to buy my kennel which is going be a couple of weeks of yet.

the pups are only 1.5 weeks old.

Do you have these little fellas docked? Bitches and dogs? How much?

One of our beeters is looking for a pup early in the new year. She has an old cocker and a 6 yo springer, both dogs, both from a rescue, and beats (ish - she won't mind my saying that!) with the springer; but really wants a puppy to bring on herself now she has the beating and shooting bug.

If you could send me some details that would be great.

Thank you

One of our beeters is looking for a pup early in the new year. She has an old cocker and a 6 yo springer, both dogs, both from a rescue, and beats (ish - she won't mind my saying that!) with the springer; but really wants a puppy to bring on herself now she has the beating and shooting bug.

Thank you

i have 1 bitch and 5 dogs left.

the dam is black and white and the sire is brown and white.

both are working dogs.

they are all docked and the jew claws are all removed.

most of the puppies are brown and white.

2 dogs are black and white.

i am based in hampshire.

Thank you

i have 1 bitch and 5 dogs left.

the dam is black and white and the sire is brown and white.

both are working dogs.

they are all docked and the jew claws are all removed.

most of the puppies are brown and white.

2 dogs are black and white.

i am based in hampshire.

Eh Up Dotty here is another Dotty