Fast Net Set Up

byrney

I've had my first outing with the longnets and i used the traditional setup, but have been advised that the fastnet system might be easier. Is there any detailed pictures or diagrams of the poles attaching to the nets availabe on this site. Any help would be appreciated. :yes:

PS, I found a diagram, this will help. i've put it on in case it anyone else is interested.

post-10721-1196457920_thumb.jpg

Edited by byrney

well the picture you have put up, show's them?

thats from magnum's

poles are the same as diagram

fibreglass, point on one end, cap on top, 2 rubber grommets in middle

net tied on as described

just recieved some myself from magnums, cost £3-70 each, as bought more than 10, took me a couple hours of trial and error, and pulling out of what little hair i have left, to get them tied on in the right places, but sorted in the end, also got myself a basket £50 all free delivery, (had own net)

looks a proper job, just doing another net tomorrow

well the picture you have put up, show's them?

thats from magnum's

poles are the same as diagram

fibreglass, point on one end, cap on top, 2 rubber grommets in middle

net tied on as described

just recieved some myself from magnums, cost £3-70 each, as bought more than 10, took me a couple hours of trial and error, and pulling out of what little hair i have left, to get them tied on in the right places, but sorted in the end, also got myself a basket £50 all free delivery, (had own net)

looks a proper job, just doing another net tomorrow

Is the basket the best and only way to transport the nets. You can buy these grommets from car acsessory shops so i suppose you could easily convert your existing poles.

Edited by byrney

I suppose whatever you can afford, or convert will do, something simular to a landing net, with some add on's such as seat belt webbing to hang around back of neck, and clips? for holding the poles, I probably could have addapted something myself, but to be honest, was too lazy, and saw this as lasting years

I did make a mistake of presuming the 50yd net i had, was 100% bagging, on setting the poles to the net in the garden, i had done 25yds of net with 100% bag, then realised what was left wasent enough, but did'nt want to un tie all the poles, so ended up with a 35yd net with 100% bagging, the net must of been a 50yd'er with 50% bag, anyhow, im happy with it, plus it meant i had 4 poles to many, so i can get the 25yd i have put on permanant poles at 6yds

both of which will fit in the basket