My Camera's F*cked.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Took a dreadfull fall yesterday. Sort of, " That F*cking Hurt!!!, Pt. 2 ". Thought it was only my right knee that had copped it - that Still f*cking hurts! But just now I was out with one of my Dogs and decided to take some shots of him. I pulled out my camera from it's customary belt pouch and fired it up. Screen on the back looked like shattered petrol :( Now I can't even adjust the settings or anything, because I don't know which I had it on when I last used it.

Worse part is, I took some blind, pointed shots of el Dogo and now find they've actually come out. So the damn camera's still in fully working order, inside there. I just can never again take a proper shot with it because I now have no view finder or function control. I'm absolutely Gutted! :cry:

Two and a half ton piece of equipment. No way on earth can I afford a replacement. I've also had it for about three years now, so we can forget any talk of warrenties, which don't cover smashing it to the ground in a fall anyway.

Damn. I already feel as if I've lost a limb here. I'm looking around me at the things I'd yet like to photograph. Projects I had lined up to work on and demonstrate with my usual shots. Now it's all over for the foreseeable future. F*cked :(

Of course; Knowing my luck, I'll probably have a mink in that poxy trap tomorrow now too! :wallbash:

Then again .....

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I own my property outright, mate. Thus my only Insurance is my Dogs and my own nature.

No, this is just one of those things. I take care of myself in life and now I'll find a way of getting a new camera as soon as I can. I'll make enquiries about having this one fixed. But they're as likely to tell me that'd cost more than it's worth bothering with and send me a brocheure for the new, advanced 'Mk 3' model.

Fact is; This is Known to be a better camera than the Mk 2 was.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:clapper: Moll! What can I say?!? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'm onto one already! Exactly the same camera! (I'm not even going to say which it is; It's SO good I'll only lead others to it! :laugh:) And the prices appear to be silly low! I guess everyone's just after brand new verions of the later models? Good luck to them!

Good luck to me too. Bit of that and I'll have my camera back in a week or two! :toast:

Thank You! It never even crossed my mind to look there! :doh:

Ditch hope you get the replacement.......but do get some home and contents insurance, its more important if you own the place outright, if the house burns down or you get burgled, you need insurance

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Compo; If this place burns, that'd be my fault. And I'd lose things no ammount of money could replace. Things I couldn't just go out and buy another of, like this camera.

And to burgle this place they'd have to stop my Dogs. Harm my Dogs and I'd have nothing left but to track who ever did it down and repay them. Then I'd have a new home for life anyway.

Besides, I own the land here too. My own ground. If this cottage collapsed, I could still survive here. Done that craic before.