Fac Ammo Type

It will automatically be added as a separate condition for vermin, yes ;)

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Is this something to do with the new forms?

Whilst it may well be added, as far as I'm aware, if you want expanding, make sure you ask for it regardless.

:thumbs:

It will automatically be added as a separate condition for vermin, yes ;)

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Is this something to do with the new forms?

Whilst it may well be added, as far as I'm aware, if you want expanding, make sure you ask for it regardless.

:thumbs:

There's nowhere on the forms to ask for expanding ammo but it must be added by the firearms team if live quarry is sought.

Albeit the only animal you legally have to use expanding ammunition on it Deer, if the rifle is not solely for target shooting, then expanding ammunition is added as a separate condition on the certificate.

If they don't add it, it will more than likely be an oversight rather than it not being automatically granted. A simple mistake to correct.

I see you you're saying SS, but on my latest variation I put "exp" in the box next to the ammo I wanted to acquire. Probably not needed, but a lot of firearm teams need things spelled out. I know it would be easy to send back to correct it, but even easier if they get it right first time. :thumbs:

I see you you're saying SS, but on my latest variation I put "exp" in the box next to the ammo I wanted to acquire. Probably not needed, but a lot of firearm teams need things spelled out. I know it would be easy to send back to correct it, but even easier if they get it right first time. :thumbs:

I see what SS is saying, and perhaps I'm just a cynical old boy, but I have had an awful lot of experience with an awful lot of regions, (I do all the FAC references for everyone in my club and it seems like half of the hunting community as well) and I have learnt to never rely on the Firearms departments, always ask, even then it is not uncommon for them to get things wrong!

ATB!

I''m not saying they don't get things wrong, they do and frequently. I've had guns that I've never owned turn up on my renewed FAC.

But I suppose what I'm trying to get at is that there's no need to "Justify" your need for expanding ammunition, it should be added automatically for field shooting.

Sometimes it will be forgotten ;)