Couple Of Hours

Headed out ferreting a new piece of land today. A embankment seperating 2 fields. Get there and first thing i notice is the amount of cover, brambles to waist level and hawthorn on top of that. Great. Anyway we gave it a go. Setting nets was a nightmare. Catching on everything and didnt help we couldnt stand up due to the trees. Walking around crouched over. Done the first set and the first rabbit came out a few seconds after the ferret entering. One in the bag. The ferret had another mooch then showed signs nothing else was there so we moved on. Next set same rigmarole with setting up but we managed. So ferret in and waiting, and waiting, then the i hear the squealing. So we wait for a min as it was going to be one hell of a dig due to movement being so restricted with branches. I hear the squealing getting louder and look into one of the holes and can see the rabbit crawling towards the burrow entrance with the ferret attached. So i reach in and grab the rabbit with the head and as i was pulling it out and my jill latched onto my finger for a second and let go. Dispatched the rabbit and put the ferret in again. But she started showing signs that there was nothing else home. So we moved on again to the next set. Netted up and this time i tried a smaller jill. One of this years kits. Put her in and she came back out after a minute and wasnt keen on going back in. I reckon she got a boot in the snot off the bunny. So throw in the experienced jill and shes off. Straight away i know somethings there with her eagerness to get down the hole. Few mins later we hear the squealing. We waited again for a bit then get the locater out. We found her at 2 foot with a rabbit in a stop end. We called it a day after that as the ground was dodgy for digging in and we didnt want to turn it into a chore or lose the ferret by pushing on. Bits of stone from a old wall and roots everywhere. Only got 3 but we had a good day.