A Few Pics For Chickenman

Hey Dave

Here are a few pics to let you see the birds which you kindly gave me last back-end. I took advantage of a rare flash of sunshine yesterday to take pics and vid.

I have made a trio as you can see here, a pair from one of the other stags and the brown red pullet, and the other wee stag has a couple of cross broody types to keep him company.

All of them have grown on nicely and the two pullets in these pics laid a few eggs back in October.

056.jpg

054.jpg

• Like 6

Nice birds! Chicken man is a good man!

nahhhhh its all rumors :thumbs::D nice birds though grey face they look well,i do like the gamey colors in fowl "not as well as those gypsy faced brown reds you put up mind !"

Aye he is a good lad.

I did like those gypsy-faced BrRs too. However I have a cunning plan and some nice birds here now. I might manage to breed some dark red gypsies in a generation or two.

Chickenman, I am really grateful for your generosity and help in getting started back in decent fowl. I can't wait to get some eggs under my broodies next year.

Good luck to you, lads.

Here is a pic of the dark red partridge hen I brought from Oxfordshire back in the summer. I had half a dozen nice chicks from her which are growing on well. I will try one of your stags over her next year Dave.

032.jpg[/u

RL]

She's blue-legged, has a really good strong head and beak, a nice bit of length to her, and she carries herself well, I think.

Here is a pic of the cock from Oxfordshire...the sire of the above chicks.

039.jpg

Edited by Greyface
  • Like 2