Ferret Or Not

Like a bit of advice have a bit of land that holds decent number of rabbits I walk the dogs most evenings letting them chase/mooch about after rabbits this would b my main ferreting farm over the winter months just bolting to the dogs no nets or guns plus a bit of lamping well tonite as I went on our usual walk the yorkie ?caught a Mixi rabbit which was a real kick in the teeth as it's been Mixi free for years the lurchers chased a few good healthy rabbits so should I hit it with the ferrets before it's wiped out or stay away to let it recover for next year although the best warrens won't be able to be ferreted till later on in the winter as they r still in real heavy cover which hasn't died back yet ascivsayvjust the 1 Mixi rabbit but I'm fearing the worst with a wipe out in the following days/weeks

If this is the first mixy rabbit you've seen and have been walking you're dogs there all through the summer I wouldn't worry too much about it especially just coming into winter.you tend to see a hell of a lot more mixy through the warmer months when the warmer weather is more suited to the fleas that carry the disease and they are more active.chances are there's maybe been a few had it through the summer.nowadays when rabbits get it in places it doesn't necessarily mean a total wipe out of all the rabbits cos some of them can fight it I'm sure(could be wrong).i wouldn't worry about it too much mate,just crack on as normal.atb