Greyhound Workers

I had one I worked for five years. Got it as a two year old that refused to track. Incredibly biddable for a sight hound, retrieved live to hand but smashed foxes , lamped and worked with ferrets.

Was goosed after ten or so runs or two hares but a very good dog around no the house. Came second at national high jump champs back in 85 or 86 but hated being shouted at ( I was only young then ) .

Came a cropper on wire a few times but a great hunting companion

• Like 3

Know some fellas with pure greyhounds for foxes, the key with them as other people have stated is to get them as a pup and educate them like you would any other dog. The reason the pure greyhounds get a bad name is people get an ex track dog or failed sapling and don't realise the dogs have zero fieldcraft and don't know what barbed wire is, ditches, rocks, rabbit holes etc. The hardest part about getting an adult is trying to stop it from running at break neck speed while it's getting the hang of rough ground. I currently don't have the kennel space but in the future I'd love to get a pure greyhound.

• Like 3