can some good person on here tell me what details need to be included on the landowners permssion part of the FAC applictaion for rifles. a .22 and a .243.

a rough outline that i can then adapt would be very useful, or even better a scaned image of the actual form if anyone has it.

all info greatfully recieved,

dan

Name, address and tel number of the owner, address of the land if different.

That's all you need but they love to see a written permission!

In simple terms make their life as easy as possible, give them every bit of info you can, details of size, neighbourhood, topography, how long you have been shooting there, site plans if you can and or aerial photos, (multimap, emap, etc), and what you intend to shoot there. If you can, find out if the land has any existing approval!

Continue on another piece of paper if necessary!

(I have never seen or used a special landowners form, if one exists it is news to me)

Deker

Edited by Deker

as deker said but the officer here in dumfries and galloway wouldnt let me bring my guns when i moved here unless i gave him written permission and stated the calibres i was allowed to use on the landowners land, good job the landowner is also my boss :D

Edited by weejohn

It is confirmed that, as the Land Owner, i give my permission for Mr...................... to use the following firearms(example .243) for the following purposes(example vermin control) over my land.

i am aware that this authority my be used to support an application for the grant or renewal of a firearm certificate held by the above named and that the certificate will be valid for a 5 year period. I am also aware that i may indicate any restriction regarding this authority for the information of the chief officer of police.

i) Name of land:

ii) Full postal address:

iii) Telephone number:

iv) Land acreage:

v) Firearm calibre authorised:

vi) Purpose:

Signature of owner: Print Name: Date:

.................................. ....................... ...................

hope this helps you

It is confirmed that, as the Land Owner, i give my permission for Mr...................... to use the following firearms(example .243) for the following purposes(example vermin control) over my land.

i am aware that this authority my be used to support an application for the grant or renewal of a firearm certificate held by the above named and that the certificate will be valid for a 5 year period. I am also aware that i may indicate any restriction regarding this authority for the information of the chief officer of police.

i) Name of land:

ii) Full postal address:

iii) Telephone number:

iv) Land acreage:

v) Firearm calibre authorised:

vi) Purpose:

Signature of owner: Print Name: Date:

.................................. ....................... ...................

hope this helps you

What is this???? Is this something you have put together or is it a copy of some official form. I have never seen an OFFICIAL landowners permission form to accompany a FAC application in 35 years of applying?

Cheers

Deker

Its a form i obtained from Devon & Cornwall Police some time ago i have always used it Deker, i also use it if i add land to my ticket.

Cheers

If covers everything I tell the Police anyway but its the first time I've ever seen an "official" form. Fortunately I have an Open ticket (FAC) so I don't have to keep talking to the police about new land, just give them a long list every five years...seems to keep them happy.

Thanks again.

Deker

cheers lads, much apprecitated.

the plan is deker to get a large collection of landowner permission slips whne the application goes in, to try and keep my licesnce as open as possible.

and Robuk, they went very funny when .243 and fox were mentioned in the same sentnce, i did argue the point but was getting nowhere, so looks like its just for deer!! ;)

wink ;)