Help , Duck Shooting Method.?

Hi chaps , the duck shooting season in here very soon, i need a bit if advice ... i have permission with a main river running through it,the river is 50+ feet wide and has quite a few ducks on it , what is the best method and time to go about shooting them? With 12g also if i put feed down on the bank regular ,will ducks use the river as a flight pond.? Cheers lk

Be careful feeding the bank of river, make sure no livestock can get to your feed, you could blow there stomachs, always feed into the waters edge, a shallow slow spot will do nicely, you don't need a lot of feed, little and often is best, as in shooting them , watch when the birds flight in, they will arrive either first thing on a morning, or last thing at night, my river they arrive in the mid morning and sit on most of the day, so I rarely shoot them on it, and leave them to rest, and maybe walk them off a odd time a month, but I have three small flashes and a nice pond, within half a mile to a mile or so, So I feed them and shoot them, shooting them onto a river, make sure you can get down out the way, if you do your home work, you will know which bits there flying into, get there well before the flight starts, don't over do it, once a fortnight is enough, make sure you have a good swimming dog, and it really is that easy, oh cos of the stupid lead ban, if in England you will need steel shot and a appropriate proofed gun,also when on a river and shooting with other people, be vary careful regards there location, make sure every body. Knows the location of everybody else, no walking about when the flight starts, be very careful of the backstop to your shot, also don't forget joe public loves to walk down the rivers edge with there dogs, and when you are sat quiet they can get right up to you, without you knowing it , and they will argue blacks blue about there right to walk the river edge,

• Like 1