Fx Verminator

how good are they? im currently using my hw 100kt for all my shooting, which consists of perhaps 80% rat shooting at night, and the other 20% being squirrels and pigeons. im wondering if my rat shooting would be easier with a verminator?? what with having the nv kit on. how many of you shoot with a verminator? and is the mk2 better than the mk 1? also are there any faults to look out for when buying a second hand vermi ?

I have an old mark 1 verminator and a hw 100 . I shoot the vermintor from about 150 + down to 120+ bar dont check it that close . so the guns are quite comparable shot count wise when shooting the hw 200 bar down to 90 bar .I like the verminator very much I have a plain low powered scope on the vermiator and a high powered mildot type scope on the hw 100 so the hw is better at longer shots but i have taken a lot of long shots with the verminator .If the verminator had a better scope it may be a better gun than the hw .I like my verminator mark 1 it has no power adjuster like the newer ones do if I had to choose one gun or the other i may go for the verminator .the mark 1 verminator gets a yes from me ....... faults has to be the bottle screwing on part very easy to DESTROY .

Edited by barrywhite

there is a quick fill . just taking the bottle of and on the gun has to be done with care . a cross thread could occur . There is a problem with this gun I have fixed very easy that is .The little bolt leaver thing that goes through the center of the mag can be pulled out easy by accident while handling the gun especially in the dark .If this leaver bolt thing is pulled out of the mag when you go to load the next pellet the little mag flies of somewhere . So I clip an elastic band round the little bolt round a scope mount and back on the bolt never had a problem since .you can double load the gun by mistake one thing I like about the mag is as the mag empties it is possible to keep it topped up with pellets without removing it from the gun .

mine verminator is 177 so is my hw 100 . Reading on the net a lot people dont take there bottle of of there vermintor . If I am going some where with my vermiator in the case .I will pump the gun up to 165 bar then disconnect the bottle when I reattach the bottle the gun reads 155 bar it loses 10 bar of pressure in the process then I am good to go .If you want a lot of shots and you are shooting close and a bit of power drop is not a problem you can fill the verminator right up with air loads of shots .I got mine second hand I have read the mark 2 are not as good ..who knows.. I like my verminator mark 1 . I would not sell the hw look out for a good mark 1 . some one may be able to tell you about the mark 2 ...... you know the verminator is not regulated like the hw100 is , it takes a little understanding to use an unregulated gun so a change for a hw to a verminator is not a straight swop .

Edited by barrywhite

can they be fitted with an after market reg? think i need to borrow 1 for a weekend to see if i like it. my kt is .177. im deffo keeping the kt. every time i get rid of a hw 100 i regret it. so il just keep it and look for a decent second hand verminator

can they be fitted with an after market reg? think i need to borrow 1 for a weekend to see if i like it. my kt is .177. im deffo keeping the kt. every time i get rid of a hw 100 i regret it. so il just keep it and look for a decent second hand verminator

I like the unregulated verminator that is why I shoot the gun from about 150 bar down to 120 bar ,about, top of the power curve .The lock time is quick on the vermiator the hammer hits quicker and harder to open the valve to let a quick blast of 150 to 120 bar pressure into the barrel to shoot the pellet . the hw is regulated to 90 bar so a slower hammer hits softer to open a valve longer to let enough air into the barrel to shoot the pellet . I think the only way to regulate a verminator with ease would be to put a regulator between the gun and the bottle but i dont think any one does that .. One of the main reasons I like the verminator is the fact its unregulated and the pellet is gone out of the gun with its short barrel quick smart . the hammer sound is a bit louder also, to regulate the verminator would spoil it .It a great as it is .