.22 Federal Premium No12 Lead Shot Rounds

Simple answer yto simple question as asked:

Humane dispatch NO (unless it's mice or shrews at under 6").

Do they cycle in S/A NO NOT A CHANCE.

Basically they're no good for anything, I think the one's your looking at have the blue plastic see-through 'bullet' that

you can see the shot through?

Eley used to do an all brass crimped end version, like a long blank to look at, they were better, the shot were bigger if

my memory serves me, but still 'cack' whatever you do.

But don't believe me get a box and try them on a bit of cardboard at 3 feet ho! ho! Also remember to take your moderator

off before you use them, or they'll just fill that up and break the baffles if they are plastic.

Basically they're no good for anything, I think the one's your looking at have the blue plastic see-through 'bullet' that

Eley used to do an all brass crimped end version, like a long blank to look at, they were better, the shot were bigger if

But don't believe me get a box and try them on a bit of cardboard at 3 feet ho! ho! Also remember to take your moderator

off before you use them, or they'll just fill that up and break the baffles if they are plastic.

Thanks for the reply, the ones I looked at were full brass with a crimped end, the guy I was talking to, said at dispatch range the shot comes out as a solid slug but there is little chance of follow through and richochet.

Thanks for the reply, the ones I looked at were full brass with a crimped end, the guy I was talking to, said at dispatch range the shot comes out as a solid slug but there is little chance of follow through and richochet.

I've never had cause to dispatch anything in a trap but in principle I'd agree with your buddy about killing power and in principle disagree with Andy. That doesn't mean I'm correct as I've never had cause to dispatch as I don't trap, so will bow to greater knwoledge here from someone that does, but if you've ever patterned a shotgun then you have a solid ball of shot at close range with a normal choke. Only ever done this down to no:7 but at a 5 or 6 feet, it literally puts a tennis ball size dent into quarter inch thick steel. Can't comment on the follow through but I would have some concern as a solid ball has the potential to penetrate deep.

Edited by Alsone