Pups Coming On Well Now

My young deer/grey x deer/grey/whippet is coming along nicely it's got speed stamina it marks and is proving to be a good little ferreting companion the only thing letting it down is when its in full chase and catches up to its quarry it wasn't snapping it up which is obviously a vital skill needed for a dog of this kind being my first dog I have attempted to train I was getting paranoid that it lacked the killer instinct some people say it's a pup it's still learning and others said they had a dog of similar breeding and similar age that's was already doing it all his obedience is great and he is only 10 months old and I'm pleased to say a dead rabbit on some fishing line has done the trick he soon got bored of just chasing it round and now he snaps it up and anticipates every jink and turn finally the last piece of the puzzle seems to be in place what a great feeling seeing a little helpless pup turn into a skilled hunting machine and what a great feeling of pride knowing I played a big part in it he's still young and there's plenty left to do but it's safe to say I have well and truly been bitten by the running dog bug it makes all them hours and hours of hard work effort and dedication worth while post-99422-0-53659900-1432018364_thumb.jpg

Hi mate, it's not just your dog. Many young dogs take a bit of time picking up. As you say, at 10 months he's still a young dog, and alot of young dogs aren't really comfortable about striking at something until they've managed to sort out their balance and coordination out first. At 10 months he'll still be learning all that running, balance etc. And all dogs are different, some will learn/develope quicker than others. Hope that was a bit of help.

It may be the pic, but he looks to have something else in his breeding? Anyway, nice pup a t b :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi mate, it's not just your dog. Many young dogs take a bit of time picking up. As you say, at 10 months he's still a young dog, and alot of young dogs aren't really comfortable about striking at something until they've managed to sort out their balance and coordination out first. At 10 months he'll still be learning all that running, balance etc. And all dogs are different, some will learn/develope quicker than others. Hope that was a bit of help.

It may be the pic, but he looks to have something else in his breeding? Anyway, nice pup a t b :thumbs:

He could have anything in him to be fair his sire came from County Durham as a deer/grey and 26tts and his dam was bought as a deer/grey x whippet and just looked like a broken coated whippet at 21 tts she is one of the gamest dogs I've ever seen would tackle anything just lacked stamina which mine seems to have in abundance so hopefully I've got the best out of both parents what Evers in him he's 22 n half tts at present don't know if he'll grow much more but signs are he will make a good all round dog

He could have anything in him to be fair his sire came from County Durham as a deer/grey and 26tts and his dam was bought as a deer/grey x whippet and just looked like a broken coated whippet at 21 tts she is one of the gamest dogs I've ever seen would tackle anything just lacked stamina which mine seems to have in abundance so hopefully I've got the best out of both parents what Evers in him he's 22 n half tts at present don't know if he'll grow much more but signs are he will make a good all round dog

Hope he comes good for you :thumbs:

I know both parents to this pup an its out of two very fast an keen dogs the mum isnt the biggest of dogs but as a big heart it punchs above her weight bye far dad was a abit like your pup an took time to come on could be the deerhound in him but in the end made a cracking dog tackling all its quarry the pup is a little stunner credit to you all the best

Edited by Stud dog

I know both parents to this pup an its out of two very fast an keen dogs the mum isnt the biggest of dogs but as a big heart it punchs above her weight bye far dad was a abit like your pup an took time to come on could be the deerhound in him but in the end made a cracking dog tackling all its quarry the pup is a little stunner credit to you all the best

cheers stud dog i will be taking him out with his mum when it's time to get him on the lamp she really is a little cracker

Dwains bitch is mustard mate like I said an if I had known they was selling the sire to your pup I would have had it he was turning into a good dog who ever as him now will be a more then happy with him

Dwains bitch is mustard mate like I said an if I had known they was selling the sire to your pup I would have had it he was turning into a good dog who ever as him now will be a more then happy with him

kai was passed around a bit to be honest it was a relation of mine Tom who bought him from up north I never saw him in the flesh but dwain told me he was a good dog once he had your trust