Little Bit Of A Homebrew Question

I would say they are two different products and you can't substitute one for the other when home brewing. Concentrated juice usually has preservatives in that will stop your yeast from working effectively. I have brewed wine using Aldi and Lidl pure grape juice in cartons, not a bad drink, quick to ferment and clear, about a Euro a litre so good value.

I have used both before, but I just substituted a 250 ml tin of concentrate for a litre of pure grape juice and to be fare it wasn't bad, but just wondered if there was any info as to the concentration rate, so you could work out how much pure juice to add,to get it right so to speak,

Sorry I thought you were talking about juice made from concentrate and not the concentrated juice that is used in wine making. It would be interesting to find out concentration rate as its always one of those things I run out of and forget to order from the homebrew shop. Just one of those little tins does add a lot of body to some of the more dull hedgerow wines in my experience.

Sorry I thought you were talking about juice made from concentrate and not the concentrated juice that is used in wine making. It would be interesting to find out concentration rate as its always one of those things I run out of and forget to order from the homebrew shop. Just one of those little tins does add a lot of body to some of the more dull hedgerow wines in my experience.

Your are right it does improve the wine a bit, so does adding raisins, I am just trying to find the rate out, but I bet I don't, their seems to be no referance to it anywhere