Advice Please

I am looking for a terrier for a specific job Il elaborate a little, I'm a coursing man and when I'm working my saluki xs on fen land sometimes the game will go in a pipe now there is nothing more annoying in this world than it going down a pipe so I'm after a terrier that will go down and bring him out so needs to have some aggression but I also want the terrier to work the rough grass at the side of the field because there is always game in the thick grass that I miss if you no of a breed of terrier that would suit me please let me no thank you Elijah.

im no coursing man but if i was and one outwitted the dogs by escaping down a pipe/drain then i would say fair play to it and walk away knowing it would be there to run another day, get your self a decent spaniel

Edited by whipstar
  • Like 8

Unless your out most days don't get a Spaniel just for that. Get a long stick or a smoke bomb :laugh:, or as Whipstar says leave im be for another day,

I wouldn't get a dog just for that job, it's not enough work for any working dog,

• Like 1

He wants it to work rough grass aswell not just for a pipe lol.. I'm same pal I've just got myself a little russell lakie dog for same thing really working cover to push things out.. he's coming on well at min had him out this morning knocking pheasants up out of rough grass, all learning for him