Books And Dvd's

Fieldcraft for rural pest control is something I’d like to swot up on; if anyone can recommend me a book on that.

Actually I’m not 100% sure ‘fieldcraft’ is quite the right word; I don’t mean it in the military/dressing as a sniper sense. More the: What animal dug that hole, or made that run under the fence, or left that footprint – the sort of thing old country folk know about.

Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

I love reading, and can't deny I've learnt alot from books :yes:

BUT.......

There is nothing as good as getting out and about and trying out theories and techniques for yourself :yes:

You'll learn as you go along and make mistakes and that knowledge will stay with you much longer than the stuff you read in books :thumbs:

I love reading, and can't deny I've learnt alot from books :yes:

BUT.......

There is nothing as good as getting out and about and trying out theories and techniques for yourself :yes:

You'll learn as you go along and make mistakes and that knowledge will stay with you much longer than the stuff you read in books :thumbs:

No doubt your right about that 99% of the time Mat; but unless I'm lucky enough to see the creature digging the hole, I'll never know what creature dug the hole - you can see where I'm going with this.

And besides, I just like books.

Thanks TC, by the way.

I bought it when it came out first, It's not life changing or anything but does give an insight into what done what. About 30 years ago I joined one of these book clubs where you have to purchase 4 books every quarter. The prices were dirt cheap and a lot were first editions by unknown authors. One was a chap called Ray Mears he brought a book out on survival techniques. I have never read it it has never been opened. they are going for round about the £100 these days.

I had another small book by BB unfortunately not a first but still worth £40 odd quid. I had these books for pennies, mind there was a lot of dross in their choices also.

TC