Stock Re-Finish

Scuzy

My stock on my Webley Raider .22 was looking a bit worse for wear, so i decided to give it a good re-finish with this kit that was advertised on the internet. So i ordered one and followed these simple instructions and after 3 days of rubbing, sanding and staining, i finally had a brand new webley raider :thumbs: .the kit was called "Birchwood And Casey Tru-oil gun stock finish kit" has anyone heard of this as its great for re-doing your gun as they have similar kits to re-finish and re-blue all the metal on your gun which i have ordered now and its on its way.

Here are some pictures of the result..

post-8062-1194032915.jpg

post-8062-1194033074.jpg

post-8062-1194033228.jpg

And the kit...

post-8062-1194033370.jpg

Luke.

Nice work Luke.

I use Tru-oil for most of my varnish jobs, but I don't bother with the stain or conditioner.

I get better stain results with potassium permanganate and take down the gloss on varnish jobs with 000 wire wool.

hi my mate is thinking of geting the Webley Raider in 22 isit eney good and what would be the right price as it has scope silencer and bottle with it :signthankspin:

Hi, the raider is a great gun and very accurate too, a bit on the heavy tho side but good stability, he should be paying around £300 depending on the type of scope and divers bottle with it.