Bumblefoot

flynndog

I've just got a harris that has a swollen ankle joint and it's warm to touch it's got correct perches and is in a clean environment now. Any ideas how to treat it successfully will be appreciated. I had one in the past come to me with it which I treated ok this one seems to be a bit more severe.

Vet mate and antibiotics mine had similar with a thorn prick got it out but it swelled up, heat and flappy feeling is probably and infecting. A quick injection and course of antibiotics put in food and the swelling went down on vlads foot. I Put a bit of iodine on it at first and then later wound powder on as well but that was because had a tiny open wound where thorn end was squeezed out. But would recommend the antibiotics to help reduce swelling and heat.

Bumble foot I would expect to see on bottom of the foot but with good perches varying in size and Astro turn covering would not exspect to see!

Hope it all goes well keep us up to date, share the info on what cures it.

ATB

Lee C

Edited by Lee C