Latest Rat Hunt With Mink And Dog

Nice vid mate. Do mink stink as much as ferrets?

Nope, they have less body odor than a dog or cat. The only time they smell is if you scare or hurt them. This will cause them to emit a musky odor that may last anywhere from a couple minutes, to a couple hours, depending on how much musk they emitted.

Oh and they do have a bit of a musky odor to them as small kits, but they grow out of that by around 7 weeks old.

Edited by Minkenry

Nope, there are a others who do it too. In the picture above, I'm the guy on the far right in the brown sweat shirt, and they guy in the gray jacket holding the black mink is Cade. He actually owns the mink and dog in this video. He has been my apprentice for a few years now, and this is the third mink he's trained. I actually didn't do any hunting with my own mink in this video because there has been a sickness going around among my mink, and I didn't want to risk exposing Cade's mink.

I have a different friend here in Utah who I also helped start in Minkenry, who works his mink with his Goshawk while hunting rabbits. I also have a friend in Kentucky who I sent some mink to, and he started hunting his mink with his Harris Hawk when he is hunting for Eastern Grey Squirrels. I don't remember if he uses his mink for rabbits too, or just while hunting tree squirrels. There are a bunch of others who I've sold mink to, but I've never heard back from them, so I don't know how successful they've been.

There are a few Europeans who have done a bit of hunting with mink as well. Some catch rats, others hunt rabbits with their mink. There is a guy in Germany who plans on hunting muskrats with his mink, but I don't think he's actually caught anything yet.

Edited by Minkenry