Fox Snare Parts

A lot of the American locks would be illegal if used in the uk as there not free running,

The 3 most common locks for uk use are the micro lock, the relax-a-lock & the LoPro...

These 3 are perfectly legal for use.

i can fully understand people who import locks as there are very few (if any) made here but what I really can't understand is why people import things such as the "snare swivel washer"....

There nothing more than a pop rivet washer & there available in thousands of uk stores for a fraction of the price.....

• Like 1

I've ordered stop crimps from arrow anchors with 40 micro locks to try, I got double crimps, washers, tealer tube and small nuts to use as deer stops off that auction site cheap, I'll be making my own swivels, tealers and earth anchors myself, I found about 50 relax a locks in my shed and the rest of the eyelets will be breakaway ones which I will have a go at making.

• Like 2

Happy new year boys, been awhile since I have been on but I just suppose thats the perks of my job :thumbdown:

I put an order in with Dakota Line Snares over in the states, had no problems what so ever and to be fair the shipping wasn't bad at all, can have a look through my paypal and let you know what I ordered and the breakdown of the total cost if you want?

I remember I put up a thread, search 'Venum snares' and sure it will come up.

But yeah, long story short was cheaper buying from the states for snare parts, its when you start looking at traps (weight...) you will start to get stung.

Thinking of putting in another order very soon for some Iowa Earth Anchors.

Bet wishes, Venum

Hi venom,.....

If your looking for some iowa earth anchors take a look at "arrow anchors".....

They can be purchased either with or without wires along with the required driver.

I'm sure they will be on par if not cheaper that the usa equivelant,....

I'm not entirely sure but I do belive Fourteenacre also stocks several different styles of anchor now and as you know there a company who's fantastic reputation is widely known amongs this forums members....

Atb :)

• Like 1

Heritage do you know where in this country i could get some good crimper's / swaggers as mine have given up the ghost, I can get them from the us but as venum says its the postage on heavy stuff that costs a lot, I don't really want the hand held ones that look like terminal crimps as ive found them to be very unreliably Thanks

It really depends on what stops / ferrules your using,....if your using the American double ferrules / aluminium stops you'll struggle to find anything that's really suitable in the uk, I imported an arm bench mounted swager from the states for mine but it really wasent worth the outlay if I'm totally honest.....

Most wires now are being built using smaller , lower profile hardware & in most cases these come from the fishing industry with most I know favouring the products from leedertec,....

For aliminium button stops ( uk version ) there are some fantastic ratcheting crimpers... There hand held cup / block style & require little or no effort to use. There cheap enough to replace when worn and there available from a few good electrical stores....mine are well into there fourth year.

I'll pop a link up for you later...

Atb.

http://www.gameandcountry.co.uk/Crimping+Tool+VC-TL01728/0_CAAA135_CAAA189/PRAA585.htm

Here's the hand held crimping tool I use volpe,

If you have a look on the net you'll find it cheaper to purchase direct from electrical stores.....

The prices aren't the best but G&C have quite a large product range for those interested in building there own wires.

Thanks Heritage ill have a look