Question On A Barn Owl

rimfirelover1990

if he fles it everyday then I cant see why he hasn't got it on a block, would be much safer for the bird and its feathers, but like already been said, if it can stretch its wings in any direction and not touch the sides then I guess theres nothing can be done even though I wouldn't like to see any bop in a bird cage

Not too sure but if the bloke was flying his owl everyday for an hour or two this means the owl would be on the same block for the remaining 22-23 hours in a day, surely the owl would develop foot problems before too long?
I never free loft my bird when flying it, when ive flown for the day my bird goes on its high perch, with a bath next to it, at night I put it away on a bow till next morning, the only time its free lofted is when my season is over, are you saying this is wrong? the only time a bird will develop foot problems is by using the wrong perching material or perch, I hate seeing falcons on bows and hawks on blocks, but that's me

Off topic......but have you ever tried a loop perch for your gos bullet?

are you referring a loop perch as like the running system from two perches? if so no I haven't, they look interesting but I haven't really got the room for such set up,

if he fles it everyday then I cant see why he hasn't got it on a block, would be much safer for the bird and its feathers, but like already been said, if it can stretch its wings in any direction and not touch the sides then I guess theres nothing can be done even though I wouldn't like to see any bop in a bird cage

Not too sure but if the bloke was flying his owl everyday for an hour or two this means the owl would be on the same block for the remaining 22-23 hours in a day, surely the owl would develop foot problems before too long?
I never free loft my bird when flying it, when ive flown for the day my bird goes on its high perch, with a bath next to it, at night I put it away on a bow till next morning, the only time its free lofted is when my season is over, are you saying this is wrong? the only time a bird will develop foot problems is by using the wrong perching material or perch, I hate seeing falcons on bows and hawks on blocks, but that's me

are you referring a loop perch as like the running system from two perches? if so no I haven't, they look interesting but I haven't really got the room for such set up,
I meant something like this?

post-89484-0-17980700-1442526390_thumb.jpg

I meant something like this?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

no mate I haven't, have you ever had any issues using the set up?

I meant something like this?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

no mate I haven't, have you ever had any issues using the set up?

The perch itself was great, I'd literally just finished setting that up, placed him on there & a few minutes later took the pic.......this was during the moult!

I couldn't free loft because of my set-up & lack of space & he'd been pretty good, but began to get a bit too jittery on the ring perch......so switched to that set-up mid moult.........instant calmness :-)

The mats didn't work for me though, too messy in the long run.........but I had to move after that season & part with the gos, so not sure how I would of rectified it.....

But he was really good on that style perch, dare I say happier?