Tree Rat Workout

matt1979

She is 8 month old and is certainly keen, just started getting her out for some steady work with my old mans dogs. Caught one in cover last time out and has flushed plenty for the lurcher. Looking like she will be a useful addition and easy to live with, fingers crossed so far she has been very trainable for a terrier cheers

She is 8 month old and is certainly keen, just started getting her out for some steady work with my old mans dogs. Caught one in cover last time out and has flushed plenty for the lurcher. Looking like she will be a useful addition and easy to live with, fingers crossed so far she has been very trainable for a terrier cheers

Doing well for such a young dog. the one i have is coming up 16 months, she has never been out with another dog and has had too learn on her own, so far she has had about half a dozen in cover but i would love too get her out with a dog that knows the score because i'm worried that she may not want too work with other dogs if i leave it too long but saying that i am thinking seriously about getting another in the new year either terrier or whirrier type. atb daywalker.

I am lucky really as I have plenty of dogs within the family that know the score and my other two although not strictly workers do work cover, the pup was a bit of a natural to be fair but getting out with older dogs knowing the game is a great help and at worst helps them to accept working alongside others which isn't always easy when their is a catch. I would have thought getting another would only help your dog to be fair as long as you have the basics nailed. I like to have about 18 months between dogs ideally as they are still young but hopefully settled a bit and can help bring a new pup on at that point if that makes sense. This pup has been brought on with my older dogs and thankfully it has worked out fine, and to be fair has given the other dogs and new lease of life but sometimes I guess it could be harder for older dogs to accept a new pup as easily atb Matt

It's a sporting Lucas pup Lee from working lines only 8 month but showing plenty of promise for what I use them for (bushing to lurchers essentially) I don't own a lurcher/ runner at the moment but get out with my old mans lurcher and terriers a fair bit thankfully. Will hopefully add a runner in the not too distant future to work alongside the pup cheers