'Been Looking for Dead Fox's

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: Fox's I've been looking for, see, have been John William Fox. Born c. 1890. Died, god knows when, but young. He's a vaguely related to a relation of mine sort of issue, but I need to find his death. Genealogy's an addiction like that.

Anyway, point is, all this has had me trawling through a decade of dead Fox's. No luck yet. But something struck me so often as to become highly noticable:

Not far above John W Fox will be listed any John T Fox. And a quite startling number of " John T. Fox " people died at year 0. (Check for yeselves, if ye don't believe me. 1939 - 40. It's very noticable!) And I think I've sussed out why .....

The 'T' obviously stands for " Thomas "!

'Nuff said, surely? Kid gets born and the first thing he hears is that he's going to be lumbered with a name like " John Thomas "? Thinks, 'Right; F*ck this ~ I'm out of here! Callous b@stards!'. And promptly ups and dies of shame.

Makes sense to me 8)

Worked with a girl some years back Ditch, typical dumb blond and quite 'port out starboard home'. She was at ant-natal classes with someone else I know and we would get to hear great snippets like....'why can't you re-use disposable nappies' and 'can we wash the baby with washing up liqid in the shower'..........honest but the best was........ guess what she named the little fella when he finally arrived........poor bugger! She really didn't believe us when we told her about using those very names together!!!