SPRINGER PUP

WHAT IS THE IDEAL AGE TO INTRODUCE SPRINGER TO GAME HAVE IT WHISTLE TRAINED NOW BUT NOT MET GAME YET

WELL I SHOWED HIM A BIT AT SIX MONTHS JUST TO SEE IF HE HAD A NOSE AND THEN TOOK HIM AWAY BEFORE HE GOT ANY BAD HABBITS

To be totally honest theres no set rule.Some have my pups have had a quick blast and chase in the rabbit pen to gee then up a bit.. others aint allowed to see anything as they are too hot to begin with and the last thing they want is more excitement,so to try and answer your question truthly ......theres no set answer..theres simply too many variances..but ill have a go

Depends on the dog and depends what you mean introducing to game ...Six months is ok in a contolled situation..Retrieving a dead partridge or rabbit .. rabbit skin dummy but six months is way too young to be attempted to shoot over or take beating..What control you have had will be lost.A Springer at six months is still a pup.Some trainers get all the basics done first .The only controlls I have sx months is to up at feeding times recall to whistle and thats it..oh and occasional retrieve.After about 8 months ill introduce sit and and stay and more and more of handlingas the og matures ..Little steps

Regards Steve

WHAT IS THE IDEAL AGE TO INTRODUCE SPRINGER TO GAME HAVE IT WHISTLE TRAINED NOW BUT NOT MET GAME YET

WELL I SHOWED HIM A BIT AT SIX MONTHS JUST TO SEE IF HE HAD A NOSE AND THEN TOOK HIM AWAY BEFORE HE GOT ANY BAD HABBITS

To be totally honest theres no set rule.Some have my pups have had a quick blast and chase in the rabbit pen to gee then up a bit.. others aint allowed to see anything as they are too hot to begin with and the last thing they want is more excitement,so to try and answer your question truthly ......theres no set answer..theres simply too many variances..but ill have a go

Depends on the dog and depends what you mean introducing to game ...Six months is ok in a contolled situation..Retrieving a dead partridge or rabbit .. rabbit skin dummy but six months is way too young to be attempted to shoot over or take beating..What control you have had will be lost.A Springer at six months is still a pup.Some trainers get all the basics done first .The only controlls I have sx months is to up at feeding times recall to whistle and thats it..oh and occasional retrieve.After about 8 months ill introduce sit and and stay and more and more of handlingas the og matures ..Little steps

Regards Steve

SOUND STEVE THANKS

As previously stated no set age, it goes on feel!! Best to introduce it in a rabbit pen if you can get access, then you get to control the situation. Is it 100% on stop whistle even when there is distractions?

I've one cocker who is so hot he waasn't in the pen till 14months but another cocker I have will ONLY hunt when there is game about, so he was in pen a 4 months for a wee chase.

But I'll say it again, beg or borrow use of a rabbit pen, you won't regret it.