I have been watching this part of the forum for a while and there seams to be a helpful bunch so here goes. I am wanting to start using a catty to do a bit of hunting when out and about at work . The trouble I,m haveing is the more I read the more I get confused,there is so many different types of frames,bands,ammo and so on. So what I would like to arsk is could someone please point me in the right direction as to what would be a good starting point. I am a total novice so will be starting from scratch and don,t even know what ammo to use,but the one thing I have learnt already fom the forum is that I will need lots of practice. Many thanks Tom

Multiplex frame is a good start takes fork hits well and can be in any design really , maybe start with 9.5 mm steel for targets but it's just trail and error mate

I have a gamekeeper blank all ready and finished 15 pound posted with 2 band sets , would be a good first catty mate

• Like 1

I have been watching this part of the forum for a while and there seams to be a helpful bunch so here goes. I am wanting to start using a catty to do a bit of hunting when out and about at work . The trouble I,m haveing is the more I read the more I get confused,there is so many different types of frames,bands,ammo and so on. So what I would like to arsk is could someone please point me in the right direction as to what would be a good starting point. I am a total novice so will be starting from scratch and don,t even know what ammo to use,but the one thing I have learnt already fom the forum is that I will need lots of practice. Many thanks Tom

buy the one youcanthide...... Has for sale mate, £20.... Nice shape to start with, get some 9.5 mm steel bb's from ebay, and just shoot the shit out of it! Start at a distance of say 5m until you feel you getting the back of it, always pull to the same point (anchor point) I.e cheek, ear eye etc.... Then find a point on the catty to use as a marker, I.e top of left fork, right fork etc. once you find you anchor point and aiming point, stick to it!!! until it's lodged in your brain, your muscle memory will then just naturally make you shoot that way, don't take long mate, you'll be filling your freezer in no time!
  • Like 3

buy the one youcanthide...... Has for sale mate, £20.... Nice shape to start with, get some 9.5 mm steel bb's from ebay, and just shoot the shit out of it! Start at a distance of say 5m until you feel you getting the hang of it, always pull to the same point (anchor point) I.e cheek, ear eye etc.... Then find a point on the catty to use as a marker, I.e top of left fork, right fork etc. once you find you anchor point and aiming point, stick to it!!! until it's lodged in your brain, your muscle memory will then just naturally make you shoot that way, don't take long mate, you'll be filling your freezer in no time!