help needed please

hi every one was just wonderin if u knew of a solution to my probs :doh: i have a few rats on a farm that i keep my dogs i have killed a load with te terriers but ther are still a few about. I have set about 4 cage traps trying al sorts of bait from penut butter to sausage but it always seems like the mice are eating it before the rats get chance. is ther another way any advice would be greatly appreciated :signthankspin:

They need to be poisoned mate. In all honestly, you're best calling in a professional, but if not, you'll be able to buy some bait.

Knock up some bait boxes out of some old bits of wood- make sure that it can't be accessed by your dogs, or any other non-target species and put a few of them around the farm.

If you can see the burrows that the rats are coming from, bait them up too, and make sure you block the holes up. Also make sure that your dogs aren't going to go along and dig the bait up behind you!

It'd probably be worthwhile keeping bait boxes down all year round, and just occassionally checking them and replacing/refilling the bait if need be.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
In all honestly, you're best calling in a professional

And that's about all that needs be said.

Bottom line is, Topshot, as ye say yeself; Ye've been trying all sorts and getting no where. Would you then try to rewire ye home? Only, I can promise ye, no Professional Pest Controller worth his title would offer to do a rewire or look at ye faulty washing machine or tv while he was wiping out the pests either.

As you're finding out; Proper, meaningful Pest Control is a job best left to Professionals. Bit of sport and fun's one thing. The full montey? Get a Pro' in ;)

Ye Dogs are worth it, surely?

if you want live rats for terriers , but mice are eating the bait first, WHATS THE ANSWER= SIMPLE KILL MICE FIRST :thumbs:

small bait boxes rats cant get in.

as ditchy said get a pro in if ya want to get rid properly of the rats