Problem With Goldie

Somthing up with a young goldie I have its feathers are really puffed up its breathing heavy also its crop seems full an doesnt seem to be going down. their diet is canary seed mixed with niger seed a bit of cucumber an odd couple of mealworms na an again an obviously fresh water every day if any can see if im goinh wrong anyway let me know please also any tips an advice is welcome cheers .. does anybody know what could be up with it its been like thhis for 2 days na

Sounds as if its going light mate,have you been giving them intradine this is a useful drug as a prevention,and in my opinion after breeding goldies 13 years now is one of the best to prevent going light you could try baycox now but as there has never been an outright cure for this you can only try,ive tried many over the years to no real affect.If you have others and your not using intradine get them on it asap mate you will find fatality rate will drop whilst using this

• Like 3

Il get some mate can it be ordered of internet mate also whats the cause of this mate if there is an answer an is this goldie gonna die then do you think mate an cheers for info mate much appreciated cheers

you will usually find if it has got going light and got it bad the bird will be very lucky to survive,like said i lost many a bird years ago to going light but now very rarely get it and usually notice very early on to treat find putting them in a hospital cage with plenty of warmth and greens will sometimes pick them back up,so id bring the bird in the warmth if you aint got hospital and try baycox if you have others intradine at 5 days on and 2 days off till fully through the moult,then still intradine 5 days of every month :thumbs:

Cheers for the info but unfortunately the Bird died the cage that it was in is it still ok to keep an have other birds in or should i chuck it? also what are the signs for this thanks again

Jake w

jake if ya going to breed goldies,intradine is a must mate,symptons going light bird will start looking buffed up you will usually find them sitting in the seed,off colour if noticed early bring bird indoors in the warmth but with intradine you very rarely get it mate

Cheers for the info but unfortunately the Bird died the cage that it was in is it still ok to keep an have other birds in or should i chuck it? also what are the signs for this thanks again

Jake w

follow the advice given now jake greypates are very prone to going light and its very rare you get a young finch through his first season if left untreated .all the meds recommended to you can be bought on line mate cheap enough :thumbs:

• Like 1