Male Harris

Guest craftycarper

Guest craftycarper

Just been offered a male harris, this years bird, jessed and belled, leash and perch thrown in for £250......so tempting after reading all you guy's posts and looking at all the pics......

• 2 weeks later...

Just been offered a male harris, this years bird, jessed and belled, leash and perch thrown in for £250......so tempting after reading all you guy's posts and looking at all the pics......

Be very carefull mate especially with males,because they can be tricky to enter they usually end up on the scrap heap by beginners in the first year with lots and lots of problems, some of which can be near imposible to fix, there are a lot of f**ed up birds out there.

Guest craftycarper

cheers mate, viewed the bird last week, first time it had been handled on a glove since it was taken from the parents. Took a while to get it's balance right, but by the time i had left was doing fine and was also very quiet. Have decided to give it a miss for the time being, with the clocks changing and weather getting colder i have decided to give it a llittle more time and wait till the end of next summer. That way being a newbie i can spend more time with the extended hours of light manning/ training it myself throughout the day and evening, and before the winter will have everything down to fine art..hopefully.....