What books and dvd/videos

fathom

Hi all new to the forum have put up a few posts in the lurcher section but have a question for you's longnetters and hope some of you's can help me out im interested in all aspects of fieldsports and have been taken one section at a time i grew up rough shooting with my father and shooting air rifles, but for the last three years i have dedicated all my time to lurchers and ferrets.

I now want to move on to longnetting i want to use longnets along with the ferrets and hopefully move on to doing a few nite sets, im going to buy a 50yrd quick set system to get me started but thats all well and good any one can buy one of these set ups and with a bit of practise master it but i want to learn everything to do with long netting traditional methods repairing nets make long nets and purse net how to set up a traditional longnet etc.

As i have no mentor i rely on books and dvds to help learn new methods so what books and videos would you's experienced longnetters advice me to get any other advice would be accepted with great thanks. :signthankspin:

I was wondering if any of you's know were i could get a copy of Glenn Waters video the art of longnetting have been doing a bit of research on the internet about long netting but it's not much help but i've came across his name alot plus seen a clip of his video on one of the lampers dvds so i guess he knows what he's about. I would be Willing to pay someone for a lend of a copy if you can no longer buy this video.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and i will be very greatful for any help and advice given.

yours in sport

Fathom.

drop me a pm mate if your still looking for a few dvd's. a few books have been mentioned on longnetting before. one that sticks out is the art of longnetting or something like that by harrold wymann i think. sure it was stubby that mentioed it. a quick search through the posts should reveal it fella.

cheers,