Young Ferrets Eye Closed

went to feed my young ferrets today which are 5 weeks old and i noticed that one of the bucks eye was completely crusted green and closed i cleaned it with saline to soften it and wiped the puss away doesnt seem to have any marks around it and the eye seems to be ok im new to actually owning ferrets so was just wondering has anyone come across this before also this wasnt there yesterday

What I've found usefull in the past use a warm tea bag obvs not one that you've just used to make your brew.

I suffer with bard eyes and all the shit that the docs give me nothing works better than a tea bag

I can imagine it's going to be a handfull with them being 5 weeks but just try and dab it on but if it lets you hold it on even better

Good luck mate

• Like 1

WarmTea bags are spoton used them lots of times on ferrets pigeons dogs, dont know how it works but it does.sometimes young ferrets eyes dont open properly and just need a wipe to ease them open.hope this helps.

• Like 1