Holes In Hedges

You could always try nettle soup as a starter before your rabbit casserole! :thumbs: Thanks for the tip about the short-long nets through the hedge; I doubt if the farmer would like me damaging his lovely thick blackthorn hedges thereby letting the cattle out, but I might find one or two thinner sections where I could pass one through. :thumbs:

Hi,

Ive been ferreting for some time now, and only recently ive been on this site and have discovered that on the photos of people ferreting and the photos of the rabbit warrens they all seem to be in the middle of the field?

Where i go ferreting all the holes that are used by rabbits are right in the middle of the thickest and thorniest hedge the ones that are easy to ferret were probably last used in 200 BC :thumbdown: !

Is it just me or are the rabbits where i live super-intelligent and must know i hate bieng stung and pricked to death by hawthorn?

Thank god for that, i was getting depressed because i thought my permission was sh*t. Its comforting to know the rest of you are battling with bramble as well. Makes it a challenge though does'nt it, suppose it would be boring if it was too easy.

yeah thats very true, the ground im working at the minute has a ton of really thick hedges with some open warrens with nothing in them. altho when lamping they will duck into the open warrens but are never there when we ferret them. Is nothing better than working the hedges IMO, takes some time setting up but adds to the skill and is nearly always worth your while.