Lurcher Insurance

How many of you have yours insured? I havent but keep thinking i should. She's so accident prone, with general cuts and grazes. Yesterday she tried to jump a cattle grid and ended up getting her front leg stuck in it! so easily could of broken it. And I couldnt afford to fix it!

so do you insure?

if so who with?

if not what other plans do you have in place?

I've just insured my pup. I think I'll insure her for at least the first couple of years while she learns her trade. Can't remember the company I went with I just went with "go compare" recommendations. But I didn't take the cheapest/most highly recommended one as it was only a few pence per month cheaper yet you could only claim up to £1000 per claim. I went with the third recommended one for few pence more you can spend up to £15,000 per and knowing what some vets charge I thought it was the better option.

I'm with pet plan. Got a claim for somewhere around £3k going through now after my pup swallowed a fishing hook and line.

It's £35 a month for a 12 month old pup and 6 year old adult.

see thats not bad at all! think pet plan is the way to go, my bitch is 3 this year.

I dont have insurance aye have 3 lurchers not been to the vets in 5 years my 3 before them were the same never at the vets for a injury only run small lurchers tend not to get as much injurys one of the reasons i dont insure my dogs is i dont agree with the vets policy to rip the piss and put your dog through treatmeant they do not need to line there pockets so personally think it is alot of piss

• Like 2