Concrete Water Bowls

Over the last few months ive been making a few of these concrete bowls to stop the clattering around but they dont seem to last long on a concrete kennel floor useually a couple of months then crack :doh:

bowl1.jpg

Have any you guys in the building trade got any tips on how to make it real hard and lasting ??

Edited by Fledge

Over the last few months ive been making a few of these concrete bowls to stop the clattering around but they dont seem to last long on a concrete kennel floor useually a couple of months then crack :doh:

bowl1.jpg

Have any you guys in the building trade got any tips on how to make it real hard and lasting ??

try one of them round metal stand things you can alter the height of for bigger dogs to keep the dishes of the floor , that might stop them banging the dishes so much :)

Cheers ferret luurv and moll :thumbs:

The prob we are having is that these couple o dogs cant have anything in there space they dont want to dig chew or throw about , pottery bolw would last a day at best lol

the conrete ones work out well as they cant move them easy but was just wondering if anyone new how to make real hard concrete or is there a sort i should be useing ? ..... if that doesnt sound too stupid :D

Cheers ferret luurv and moll :thumbs:

The prob we are having is that these couple o dogs cant have anything in there space they dont want to dig chew or throw about , pottery bolw would last a day at best lol

the conrete ones work out well as they cant move them easy but was just wondering if anyone new how to make real hard concrete or is there a sort i should be useing ? ..... if that doesnt sound too stupid :D

Is there not summat you can cable tie to the mesh of the run to stop them wrecking the dishes

My border collie bitch is bad for this, she cant have a bowl of any kind in her run, I tried putting a big stone in it and the ones with the shaped sides and rubber base, but she would always find a way to tip it up and then once she gets the water out, she goes mad with the bowl tossing it up in the air and hitting the roof with it and then barking at it, it would drive ye insane, so now I dont give her any kind of bowls, she gets her feed tipped on the floor of the kennel and she gets out into the paddock several times a day to drink from the communal trough. I dont like this, as I like every dog to have its own water bowl, but its the only way I can get a peaceful, quiet kennel cos when she starts it sets the terriers off :wallbash: I hope I can get her out of it when she has her pups soon, because you cant not have water in with them when they are nursing :icon_eek: Im hoping I can break the habit and she will learn that water bowls are friend not foe :doh::laugh:

Guest SKINNER

A COUPLE OF IDEAS A METAL BUCKET OR BOWL BOLTED TO THE WALL, USE A LARGE ANIMAL DRINKING BOTTLE LIKE THE ONES YOU USE FOR FERRETS , THE BOWL INSIDE A TYRE OR DIG A HOLE IN THE GROUND AND PUT IT IN THERE ??? :hmm:

Edited by SKINNER

I have runs but my mate uses chain spot tye outs and need the bowl to be free standing and not be able to be turned over or pushed out of there area ;) ... making a hole in the ground sounds a good idea mabie mold it with a metal bowl and conrete so the dish can be took out to cleen ..