Ok so looking at getting my first catty since i had oen when i lived in the middle of nowhere in North Wales and cant decide what to get.

I've done abit of research and was leaning towards more of a TBG catty, i've also looked into the usual starters such as a Black Widow or diablo and even thought about buying a Trumark 9 and modding it to use TBG bands as it seems pretty easy to do. Then i started to read more about custome made and i think the effort that goes into maknig them and the quality of knowing that soemoen has put effort in makes me want one. the one i have seen so far is:

the%20hook%20(Small)%20copy.jpg

And i jus wanted your opinion on Trumark 9, Black Widow and the one picture above.

Many thanks Antix101

I think first catties are a hard one mate, mainly because you don't really know what shape/size/style catty suits you, at first all we really go on are what "looks" nice to us, although it may look nice, in reality it may be totally the wrong shape/style/size for our individual shooting style. Things to consider would be how you hold the catty comfortably? (Forks up/forks sideways) what style of band attachment? (OTT /TTF etc) what you will be using it for? (Target practise= size and shape not really irrelevant, or using it for hunting and mooching = slip into pocket easily?) I think it takes a while shooting different shape/style/size of catty to find which catty suits "our" style/needs. If I were to recommend a starter catty, I would recommend a milbro shape catty, if you pm youcanthide......bang on here, he sells nice camo multiplex catties at a very reasonable price, I think there a great catty to new comers, as they don't cost the earth if it isn't the catty for you, just my opinion....... And welcome to the forum and the best section on here :-). Keep us posted on what you decide, hope this helps mate

• Like 2

Make a natural , once you get a good one it will last for ever and fit th hand like nothing els IMO ! Or buy some boards cuts for cheap and see what you like and the ones you don't will allways sell for more when sanded up anyways

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the welcome and the responses. Yeah i think something simple to start with as Longers7 suggested til i find what suits me.

It would mainly used for pigeon and vermin ( rats/mice) on a friends farm, he did look at air rifles but his wife isnt to happy with having them around his small children and well his shotgun seems over kill :D

I'll keep you up dated on this thread on how things go and may even start looking into the making option too.

p.s i've replied to rooskia to check what he has out :)