I've had my SGC a while but I've been saving for a half decent one, or attempting too whilst I've been adding bits to my rifles each month, This week I've give into the temptation and grabbed a cheap O/U to get me started, in the local RFD the Miroku felt the best up to my shoulder so went for one of these.

It's a very old one but still in good condition with 1/4 1/2 fixed choke, not sure what model though?

And I wasn't 100% sure what cartridge to go for so grabbed a few boxes of number 5 and number 6 32gr to test, hopefully do me for the odd bit off decoying and bit of rough shooting.

post-87750-0-20434500-1399134671.jpg

post-87750-0-03163900-1399134685.jpg

post-87750-0-47201700-1399134696.jpg

post-87750-0-82444200-1399134706.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Tornado

Good make Miroku. As long as it is tight and the barrells are good should last you a while.

I mostly use No 6 out in the field. 32gr good all round cartridge.

Well done

• Like 1

Same here. 3 days off work and gotta get out before I get back.

Hope it fits you well. Dont know what type of shooting you are doing but, it wont be long and those young rooks n crows should be out n about

Same here. 3 days off work and gotta get out before I get back.

Hope it fits you well. Dont know what type of shooting you are doing but, it wont be long and those young rooks n crows should be out n about

Mainly pigeon / crow decoying mate, I'm just stuck what to do now, meant to be out with Rimmy tomorrow early doors clearing some bunnies, but fancy testing new toy out lol

Looks similar to my miroku that one, cracking gun i find.

Mines older than me...lol

Ive just purchased a .223 so tomorrow im off to zero my new toy up, be like a little kid a xmas.

Atb and let us know how you get on with it.

• Like 1

Haha I've been same this morning only problem is now which gun to take out lol, started off with rimfire then went home and switched for shotgun had a quality morning :thumbs:

Got my first pigeon with second shot, first one was a miss on bolting rabbit :icon_eek:

Miroku is a good gun.

Don't get too hung up on cartridges with loads and shot size, not that they don't matter but what you've bought is fine for what you want it for. 32gram is quite a heavy load though, won't do gun any harm but you might feel it on your should after a bit lol.

For general mooching about that i do, walked up I use 5 or 6's, 24 or 28gram load. But then I've seen me out with heavier loads or 7's depending on what I have left in the cupboard!

Enjoy your new gun.

• Like 1

The Miroku is a good gun,

I have two, one is an MK38 Trap gun about 10 years old and the other is a HSW Grade 5 skeet gun with 26" barrels made in 1981.

Even after all that shooting and I know it's providence so it has had at least 50,000 cartridges through it, its tight as a drum.

By the looks of it, yours is the same era and as long as the bore is in good nick and the barrels are tight on the breech it'll last a very long time.

Thanks for info mate, very impressed with it for money, I've been trying to work out what model and year it is, I've read several posts but still not 100%, it's got several numbers etc if you have any idea mate :hmm:

Serial = 21446

Two letters nr markings = NP

And 3 random numbers = 719

not sure if any of the above means anything ?

The serial is just the manufacturers number so they may be able to date/model it for you by email,

"NP" is nitro proof and "719" is the actual bore size without choke.

On the underneath of the action, it may have a model or some letters.