Can Anybody Help Shed Some Light On This Gun For Me Please

Hi guys..I was given an old tatty air rifle this eve (something ive been after for a little resto project),, its been hand sprayed black, the iron sights are in need of replacing and the stock was held to the action with electrical tape, the fore end was fixed securely , upon removing the tape it revealed MILBRO G34 made in great britain! Was a tad hapoier as was hoping before picking it up it wouldnt be some chinese brand. Lol

Any help with identifying it and its rough age would be appreciated. .have pics I can email if needed.

thanks in advance.

Edited by hobble

I remember this rifle from my young schooldays when you could buy one on mail order through your mum's Great Universal or Littlewoods Home Shopping catalogues! They were made from about 1968 and were still in production during the early 1970s. So yours will likely be a G34 of around 45 years old, made, approximately, between 1968 to 1972.

I had a look at Google and TW Chambers seem to have a list of available spares for the G34 that will be a big help for you :thumbs:.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying pianoman.. funny you should mention the home catalogues as popped over to see the parents yesterday and although my father didnt know what the gun was he recognised the gun and said exactly the same (with reference to being able to purchase). Will check out tw chambers..thankyou very much.

Edited by hobble

Your're welcome hobble. Let's have a look at a pic or two of your progress with it when you can please? Haven't seen one of these 'Catalogue Guns' for decades!

Ahh those were indeed the days!

All the best for your project.

Simon

Will do simon, will be intering n fun im sure sorting it out.. watched video on cold blueing from darryl (marksman),, something to consider, want to keep the resto to a low budget so will be looking at all avenues. :0)

• Like 1