I am "Tearem", I have 10 terriers now and I have had terriers for 30 years, pitbulls, Staffs, crosses, Russells, patterdales, a Glen of Imaal, and now I have German and crossed German/Fell terriers. With my dogs I hunt every day I'm not working and we do over 50 hunting days a year, more like 70. We hunt wild boar, deer and stag from August till January, and beginning in December and sometimes in between during sweep hunts, we also do earth work. We work foxes from December till May. In Germany and France the badger has a legal season which is in the fall so we also do that. My terriers work both in the pack at wild boars, and individually to ground. They must be able to work everything, sometimes even flush pheasants. Soon, we will have lots of exotic species to hunt as well. We already caught mink, nutria, coypu and feral cats, which will be extended in the future by raccoon dog (Enok) and raccoon which are free to hunt where we go. I live in Belgium and hunt in Belgium, Holland, France and Germany, wherever anything is open. I am invited by hunts and hunters who hire me and the dogs for the day, it's a fantastic and exciting sport which brings me to many different places and people. I breed my terriers myself and many sold to other hunters and trackers do a fine job for them. I breed one litter a year to make up for my losses or fill up the gap after I have selected out the lesser dogs. And the surplus end up with other hunting people, never as house pets.

Hi Tearem,

Sounds like your having a ball.

:thumbs:

Sure I am having a ball, just came home after 3 days of boar hunting, the weather was fantastic; every hunt had boars and my dogs worked hard and real well in getting them out and before the guns. I also have a dog or two to track the gunshot injured game and I crawled on hands and knees after a blood track of a boar for more than an hour in the brambles, after three days of tracking. The dog indicated me drops of blood, pulled the leash and was right all the way. But we never got near the boar. I could see from the blood and the place where it fell that it was hit somewhere underneath and not deadly, just a flesh wound. The blood was getting less and less. It got dark so we had to stop the search. A colleague terrier man had an Englishman with him who came to witness our boar hunting. He sais it's very similar to pheasant hunting???? He hasn't seen yet what the dogs go through and how courageous they are, and how much awkward terrain they cover, running all day plus fighting contacts! My dogs brought the guns 4 tuskers this weekend! One of 120 kilo. I wish I could send pictures but I don't know how.