Lead Lined Nets

hi don't know if this is in the right place but here goes I have made a couple of poke nets /stop nets and was wondering about putting lead cord in them, so I was wondering if this is a good idea or not plus I was also wondering where you can get lead cord from, I did try to make some by putting lead soulder in the draw cord it sort of worked but not that well any advice or help would be grately received thanks

Wouldnt bother mate. Make your net bag twice as heavy. It is handy on a few stop nets, as a bottom line, to make the net lay better when placing on uneven ground or a ditch. If your after a heavier net, get heavier rings. If you wanted some leadline, advanced netting would have it I should think.

I think Bridport nets sell leaded drawcord , but if you make a nice big net that heavy enough to settle when your setting it round a burrow with out any extra weight

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried some purse nets with lead lined draw cords, whitch i found did not purse very well at all and replaced the draw cord,I bought the nets at the Midland game fair from Brian Brinded,the Bloke who does the long net Demos, He all so sells long nets with leaded bottom line.