Ideas For Wild Duck Feeders?

Hi all

Has any one got any blue prints or pictures of some wild duck feeders they use. i have a few ponds on the shoot i keeper which are too far to feed on a daily or weekly basis and could do with sticking some barrel feeders on them and leaving them for a few weeks at a time, only problem is i dont know the best way for the ducks to get at the feed, ive seen some posts say spring feeders like for pheasants work fine (which i have plenty off) so just wondering if any one else has experience or advice?

any helps appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Have you considered/tried/got the budget for automatic feedings? Just bolt them onto the bottom of a 210lt drum and set the timing and frequency. Good to put a couple out, that way if one goes down there's at least one more to feed. Just make sure the corn is decent quality with no shit in it otherwise the spinner will jam.

Have you considered/tried/got the budget for automatic feedings? Just bolt them onto the bottom of a 210lt drum and set the timing and frequency. Good to put a couple out, that way if one goes down there's at least one more to feed. Just make sure the corn is decent quality with no shit in it otherwise the spinner will jam.

Aye i had considered them, was just seeing if anyone had other types they before i forked out the money.

• 1 month later...

when I was on a commercial partridge shoot we had a few out of the way places fed for wild ish pheasants with 45 gallon spring feeders the wild duck loved these but could empty them annoyingly quick regards two crows

Lol, How fecking big is the shoot? To not be able to get there daily or, blow me over, on a weekly basis ?? Can't take that long to drive from one end of Cheshire to the other.

Ask a farmer or friend who lives close by if he'd feed it in return for a flight one night for him & a couple of his mates?

Edited by Alimac2
  • Like 1