Sign in to follow this  
huntmad.

First Ram Horn Stick

I made a walking stick a few weeks back an found I was doing alot wrong so this is another attempt but with ram horn , I think it's turned out alright , I'm waiting for a dremel to be delivered now to have a crack at carving into the horn any tips would be appreciated post-61252-0-29176100-1396015487_thumb.jpgpost-61252-0-93740700-1396015530_thumb.jpgpost-61252-0-98670400-1396015591_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Did you block the horn? If not, the walls might not be thick enough to carve. It looks OK as it is though.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

I checked how far it was hollow to an I made the stick fit the full length of the hollow part , say 2" up from the handle an it's solid all the way , iv seen a lurchers head carved into the tip an it looks real good but don't know where to begin to be honest

Try and join a local group, you will enjoy it, and they will be very helpful

Another one I done this morning just got to varnish it , a mate lent me his sticks to try an copy the lurcher head an fox head so that's next I think , finally found something to keep me busy in offseason , post-61252-0-24837900-1396183177_thumb.jpgpost-61252-0-92642400-1396183195_thumb.jpg

Those are one piece carvings from the solid horn. No birds or animals are stuck on.

Alan is one of the best

Norman-Tulip-dressed-sticks--shepherds-c

Some more of Norman Tulips sticks. All one piece

• Like 2

He does some great work fair play to the guy , il never get anywhere close to that level but I'm enjoying having a crack at it an it keeps me busy for now