River Tyne,wear,and Tees Fish Counts E/a

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/research/library/publications/40717.aspx

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/cy/ymchwil/llyfrgell/cyhoeddiadau/40713.aspx

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/research/library/publications/138616.a

THE counter on the Yorkshire Esk is broken has been for a few years no funding available same as the river coquet,i beleive they is a counter now on the yorkshire ouse which changes its name half way to the yorks u r e ,its at naburn near york or west tanfeild i think,the counters on the Tyne and Wear only represent a certain % of the true run

Edited by skunkhead

• 4 weeks later...

30 so far for the Tyne the counter is about 25 miles from the sea and about 10 miles from the end of the tidal stretch a few fish hold up in the famous wylam pool until its right for them to migrate,well the tyne is actually two main rivers north tyne and south tyne the north tyen had another river the river rede which is well upriver and sometimes has fish caught as early as march! thats right upcounrty aswell,the south tyne has the eastand west allen rivers as well as many tributaries which are spwaning graounds,the main tyne is peaty in colour same as north tyne and the river rede,where as the south tyne is gin clear most of the way up till about haltwhistle area,the north tyne is fed by keilder resevoir,keilder releases water every couple of days depending on the water table of course so the north and main tyne get artificial flooding when needed esp in the dry months so the fish are constantly running,yer may think that this clear water aint desireable but by god it is,its can flood artificialy and rise between say a foot to 4 foot in a mater of a couple of hours,so like a say ignore the counter information as a true account of what running the river,many more miss the counter this applies for the river wear also,so far i aint heard of anything form the wear most salmon anglers are what i call fine weather men! plus its noyt really worth a bash till middle may even then the fish are just starting to come in,though as the counter information says they will be a few fish about but locateing them maybe difficult,the fish this time of year on the river wear are very hard to locate never mind see thru yer polaroids......spring fish getting caught on the river wear are very few and far between